Cosmetic Dentist in Mountain View, CA
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Many people come to cosmetic dentists to improve the appearance of their teeth and their smile. Cosmetic dentistry is a procedure through which the patient's teeth, gums, and bite are improved. Traditional restorative dentistry focuses on treating the patient's dental problems whereas cosmetic dentistry improves the appearance of the patient's teeth, mouth, and smile. By helping people have brighter smiles, and healthier teeth, the cosmetic dentists give people the confidence to live a better life.
What are the Different Procedures under Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry may involve many different dental procedures such as:
- Adding dental material to teeth to give them a healthier and more uniform appearance. This may involve the process of fitting veneers onto the patient's teeth or bonding.
- Teeth whitening or bleaching is an option that is very popular. This helps to rid the patient's teeth of stains or discoloration that makes it look unsightly.
- Straightening of the teeth can lead to the better overall appearance of the patient's smile.
- The dental crowns and bridges procedure is also offered to patients whose teeth are damaged and decayed.
- Inlays and Onlays are also cosmetic procedures that are offered to patients.
What is the Importance of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a very important part of the field of dentistry because it helps to give patients healthier and brighter smiles. It helps to increase the self-esteem of the patients and give them the confidence to smile widely in social situations. Not only do cosmetic dentists improve the esthetic of the patient's smile but they also improve the oral health of the patients. They give teeth a uniform and attractive appearance with the help of their honed expertise. These are a few of the main reasons why cosmetic dentistry is becoming a viable option for people.
Being proud of your smile is a feeling that many people crave for in their lives. Brighter, uniform and healthier smiles are all things that people have been longing for, for many decades. Cosmetic dentistry involves many procedures that help people have the beautiful and healthy smiles that they deserve.