Highly Recommended Dentist in Mountain View, CA
What are Dental Implants?
Teeth get damaged or worn out over time and this can be quite painful and problematic for the patient. The dental implant procedure is a surgical method of providing the patient's teeth with a stable and permanent base. A dental implant is constructed by surgically positioning a frame or post in the jawbone which holds the replacement tooth in place. These implants are more effective than bridges and crowns. They fit, feel, and function like regular teeth and are a long-term solution for people with dental problems. They do not slip or shift and they provide stable support for artificial teeth. Therefore this procedure is preferred over dental bridges and crowns.
What is the Procedure for Dental Implants?
The procedure for dental implants is as follows:
- The first part of the procedure is the construction of a specialized treatment plan. The dentist decides on a custom made plan based on the needs of the patient.
- Dental implants are constructed with the help of a screw that holds the replacement tooth in place. This screw is placed into the jawbone so that it provides a stable base for the tooth.
- The next part of this process involves the use of an abutment. It forms a connection between the tooth and the bone. It also provides support to the replacement teeth.
- The last step involves the placement of the custom made tooth. This is constructed in a way that ensures that it blends in with the patient's teeth. It is useful and extremely durable as well.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are many advantages to the dental implant procedure:
- Dental implants help to improve the patient's appearance. They look natural and even feel exactly like the patient's teeth.
- They are permanent and stable and cannot shift or change position.
- The dental implants are comfortable and do not cause any inconvenience to the patients.
- The dental implant procedure provided by Valley View Dental Care is affordable due to due to specified payment plans.
- Dental implants improve the patient’s jaw structure and reduce pressure on the patient's teeth. It also improves the patient's bite strength.
- Another advantage is that the dental implants are American Made as opposed to the Korean made Implants.
With the help of dental implants, you no longer have to worry about the unsightly gaps between your teeth. The dental implant procedure will help you to have a healthier smile and reduce any pain caused to you due to tooth decay and damage. Therefore it is in your best interests to seek out a dentist who can provide you with top-notch dental services.