General Dentist in Mountain View, CA
Who is a General Dentist?
A general dentist is one who takes care of all the dental needs of the patient. In order to be a general dentist, one must acquire a DDS or DMD degree. This involves three or more years of undergraduate education and post-graduate training. General dentistry involves many procedures such as root canals, crowns, bridges, veneers, etc. These procedures are directed towards improving the oral health of the patient in the long term and giving their smile a better overall appearance. Their primary work is to diagnose, treat and manage the patient's oral health. Their preventative and restorative functions help many patients to have brighter and whiter smiles.
What are the Different General Dentistry Procedures?
The various procedures that are provided by general dentists involve:
- Cosmetic procedures to improve and enhance the patient's dental appearance.
- Tooth restoration procedures such as the construction of dental crowns and bridges.
- Fixing of dental implants onto teeth that are decayed, damaged beyond repair and missing teeth as well.
- The treatment of gum disease and its related problems.
- Teeth cleaning and oral surgery for more complex procedures.
- Fillings for teeth that is broken, chipped, decayed or damaged.
- Root canal treatments when the tissue or pulp in the tooth gets affected or damaged.
Do you Need a General Dentist?
A general dentist caters to dental needs of all patients. They provide treatment for problems ranging from cavities to surgical procedures for more severe dental problems. These dentists are skilled in providing basic and preventative procedures to patients who seek their help. Patients who need help to combat decay and damage of their teeth require the specialized help of a general dentist. General dentists also work with families and they do not have any particular age limit for their patients.
Our teeth are very resilient and they do not get damaged easily, but continual neglect can lead to the buildup of bacteria that erodes the teeth. This may lead to a variety of dental problems that affects your oral health and can cause you a lot of pain. General dentistry provides the help that you need in order to combat their dental problems and have a beautiful and healthy smile.